Collection of Information
Tovuti collects data directly provided to us to enable us operate effectively and provide you with the best experience possible with our products and services. Tovuti may collect information about you in the following ways:
- Information You Give Us. Tovuti may collect the following information: your name, job title, company name, postal address, email address, phone number, fax number, username, password, personal and company demographic information (such as your company software application, version, user usage and occupation), and any other information you provide to us on our Website or on any of our products or
- Information We Collect from Other Sources. We may also receive information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the Services. For example, If you engage with a separate app or website that uses our API (or whose API we use), we may receive information about you or your connections from that site or
- Information Automatically Collected. Tovuti automatically logs information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Website, Tovuti logs your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Website, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times, Internet protocol (IP) address, and information about your use of and actions on our
- Remembering user preferences and settings;
- Determining the popularity of content;
- Analyzing site traffic and trends; and
- Generally understanding the online behaviors and interests of people who interact with our services
Please note that the Help feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
- Web Beacons. Tovuti may log information using digital images called Web beacons on our Website or in our emails. Tovuti uses Web beacons to manage cookies, count visits, and to learn what marketing works and what does not. Tovuti also uses Web Beacons to tell if you open or act on our
Use of Personal Information
Tovuti may use your personal information as follows:
- To operate, maintain, and improve our site, products and services, including but not limited to, facilitating payments, sending receipts, providing products and services (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support, develop safety features, authenticate Users, and send product updates and administrative
- To communicate with you, respond to comments and questions and provide customer
- To send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about our products and services, promotions, news, and events of Tovuti, where permissible and according to local applicable
- To comply with applicable laws and court orders for example where Tovuti is served with a court order to provide the court with certain information about you in our
- In the exercise of our rights- Where reasonably necessary, we may use your data to exercise our legal rights and prevent abuse of our service. For example, we may use your data to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal
- To personalize and improve the Services, including to provide or recommend, features, content, and advertisements. Where this is the case, we will take appropriate measures to protect your personal information in accordance with this
Sharing of Personal Information
Tovuti may share personal information as follows:
- Tovuti shall not disclose Your Personal Information to any third parties other than with your prior
- Tovuti may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes which includes complying with the laws of the countries we operate in as well as to comply with lawful requests and legal
Retention of Information
We retain your data for as long as we reasonably require it and, in any event, only as long as you use our products and services. When you no longer use our products and services, we will delete your data. We may retain logs of automatically collected information (for internal analytics); your email address; your tax information; communications with you; and your transactional information (for auditing, tax, and financial purposes). When we no longer have a business reason for retaining data, we will delete or anonymize it.
When you have chosen a password which allows you to access certain products or services, you are responsible for keeping the password confidential. We advise that you do not share the password with anyone.
If we receive legal process pertaining to your use of our products and services, we will retain your data for as long as we, in good faith, believe is necessary to comply with the legal process. Similarly, if we believe that you have been involved in wrongdoing, we may preserve your data to defend or assert our rights.
You should also bear in mind that any request to delete your personal data is possible. However, please note that you will not be able to use any of our products for which data has been deleted. We respond to any request for to delete personal data submitted by e-mail within 6 months and will specify the period of data deletion.
Security of Personal Information and Data Breach
Personal information and data is handled with care and integrity. Tovuti has implemented physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information collected. Tovuti warrants that it will monitor and test its systems from time to time, and further agrees to adjust its data safeguards from time to time in light of relevant circumstances or the results of any relevant testing or monitoring. If Tovuti suspects or become aware of any unauthorized access to your data by any unauthorized person or third party, or become aware of any other security breach relating to personal data held by us under this Agreement, Tovuti shall immediately notify you in writing and shall fully cooperate with you at its expense to prevent or stop such data breach. In the event of such data breach, Tovuti shall fully and immediately comply with applicable laws, and shall take the appropriate steps to remedy such data breach and shall fully indemnify the Customer from all losses, damages, costs and expenses incurred by the Customer as a result of, or in connection with, any such data breach.
Microsoft Azure is Tovuti’s selected third-party vendor for storing and processing data and personal information to their servers that are located in the US, Europe and South Africa. Data/personal information will be processed and hosted from these locations. Data generated from users and personal information may also be stored and processed in our Nairobi office.
If you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions, please contact us at email@example.com